QGIS是一款非常棒的开源的GIS软件，但中文的教程材料非常少，在QGIS的官网看到有《 QGIS Training manual》的英文教程。觉得不错，看到原作者同意其他人翻译他的作品。所以尝试在本站翻译这一系列的教程。但由于本人英语水平实在有限，仅能做到大概意思不茬，如果有明显错误，请大家在评论中指出。万分感谢。
在2008年，我们推出了《Gentle Introduction to GIS》（GIS简介），这是为针对想学习GIS但不想被过多的术语和专业名词困扰的人们推出的完全免费和开放的内容资源。该教程由南非政府赞助，并已取得了巨大的成功——世界各地的人们写信给我们，告诉我们他们如何使用该教程来编写大学培训课程，用于教授GIS等相关知识。《GIS简介》不是一部软件教程（尽管我们用QGIS来讲述所有的例子），而是一部为想学习GIS的人而撰写的文章。（QGIS官网上）也有一部《QGIS使用手册》，其中提供了 QGIS 软件详细功能概述。但它不是一个系统的教程，而更像是技术参考指南。 在 Linfiniti Consulting CC（机构名称），我们在举行相关培训时发现亟需编纂另一部教程，以”培训-练习“的形式，让读者能够按序学习QGIS的关键内容。基于此，我们开始编写了本教程。（In 2008 we launched the Gentle Introduction to GIS, a completely free, open content resource for people who want to learn about GIS without being overloaded with jargon and new terminology. It was sponsored by the South African government and has been a phenomenal success, with people all over the world writing to us to tell us how they are using the materials to run University Training Courses, teach themselves GIS and so on. The Gentle Introduction is not a software tutorial, but rather aims to be a generic text (although we used QGIS in all examples) for someone learning about GIS. There is also the QGIS manual which provides a detailed functional overview of the QGIS application. However, it is not structured as a tutorial, but rather as a reference guide. At Linfiniti Consulting CC. we frequently run training courses and have realised that a third resource is needed – one that leads the reader sequentially through learning the key aspects of QGIS in a trainer-trainee format – which prompted us to produce this work.）
本培训手册会顺带提供示范数据等所需的材料，来保证为期5 天的关于QGIS，PostgreSQL 和 PostGIS的课程的顺利进行。该课程结构与内容，适合初级、 中级及高级用户，并附有很多练习和答案说明。（This training manual is intended to provide all the materials needed to run a 5 day course on QGIS, PostgreSQL and PostGIS. The course is structured with content to suit novice, intermediate and advanced users alike and has many exercises complete with annotated answers throughout the text.）
由Linfiniti Consulting CC.推出的免费QGIS训练手册，是基于来自Linfiniti 的早期手册版本，并遵循Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International许可，超出该许可的内容如下：（下面列了一些版权方面的信息，略）（The Free Quantum GIS Training Manual by Linfiniti Consulting CC. is based on an earlier version from Linfiniti and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at below.）
We have published this QGIS training manual under a liberal license that allows you to freely copy, modify and redistribute this work. A complete copy of the license is available at the end of this document. In simple terms, the usage guidelines are as follows:
- You may not represent this work as your own work, or remove any authorship text or credits from this work.
- You may not redistribute this work under more restrictive permissions than those under which it was provided to you.
- If you add a substantive portion to the work and contribute it back to the project (at least one complete module) you may add your name to the end of the authors list for this document (which will appear on the front page)
- If you contribute minor changes and corrections you may add yourself to the contributors list below.
- If you translate this document in its entirety, you may add your name to the authors list in the form “Translated by Joe Bloggs”.（如果你整体翻译这篇文档，你可以把你的名字以译者的形式添加到作者栏）
- If you sponsor a module or lesson, you may request the author to include an acknowledgement in the beginning of each lesson contributed, e.g.:
This lesson was sponsored by MegaCorp.
- If you are unsure about what you may do under this license, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise you if what you intend doing is acceptable.
- If you publish this work under a self publishing site such as http://lulu.com we request that you donate the profits to the QGIS project.
- You may not commercialise this work, except with the expressed permission of the authors. To be clear, by commercialisation we mean that you may not sell for profit, create commercial derivative works (e.g. selling content for use as articles in a magazine). The exception to this is if all the profits are given to the QGIS project. You may (and we encourage you to do so) use this work as a text book when conducting training courses, even if the course itself is commercial in nature. In other words, you are welcome to make money by running a training course that uses this work as a text book, but you may not profit off the sales of the book itself – all such profits should be contributed back to QGIS.
1.1.3. Sponsoring Chapters（赞助）
This work is by no means a complete treatise on all the things you can do with QGIS and we encourage others to add new materials to fill any gaps. Linfiniti Consulting CC. can also create additional materials for you as a commercial service, with the understanding that all such works produced should become part of the core content and be published under the same license.
1.1.5. Individual Contributors（个人贡献者）
Your name here!（你的名字）
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology（开普半岛科技大学）
The sample data used throughout the manual can be downloaded here:http://qgis.org/downloads/data/training_manual_exercise_data.zip
The sample data that accompanies this resource is freely available and comes from the following sources: